Ossip Gabrilowitsch, Woodland Theater

Description: This silent black-and-white film appears to be a promotional film for the Audiovisual department at Cal Poly Pomona. It includes clips of street scenes and a sign for the Hollywood Freeway. Cal Poly Pomona's history can be traced back to 1938 when the first southern campus of Cal Poly, the Voorhis Unit, opened in San Dimas. In 1949, the former site of W.K. Kellogg's Ranch was transferred to Cal Poly, becoming the California State Polytechnic College, Kellogg Unit. By 1956, all instruction moved to the Kellogg Unit, and the college's name changed to California State Polytechnic College, Kellogg-Voorhis. In 1966, the southern campuses separated from the San Luis Obispo campus, and California State Polytechnic College, Pomona became the 16th college in the California State University system. Six years later, the college gained university status and was renamed California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.


1 user has this film:
San Mateo County Historical Association


No related films.